- To protect the users right of information.
- To provide value added services to the students & staff members
- To work in partnership with individuals and institutions for promoting research interest and building research portfolios for the development of readers.
- To enable students, faculty & researchers work in context with designing and documenting research activities by allowing diversity of views.
- To create the best citizen for nation building.
Objective of the Library
- To promote the reading habits.
- Extensive use of Reading material.
- To provide every reader his / her book & Information.
- To see that every book has its reader.
- To save the time of the user / reader.
- To computerize the library housekeeping activities.
Library Timing : 9.00 AM To 5.30 PM
Issue Return Timing : 9.00 AM To 5.30 PM
Lunch Break : 12.30 PM To 1.15 PM
- Students can issue 2 library books on 2 library borrow cards for a week.
- Renewal of the books will depend on availability and requirement of the same by others.
- Students can issue one book for overnight on I-Card.
- Loss of I-Card/Borrower cards should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Issue of duplicate I-card as well as borrow cards will be made against due charges.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books / journals / periodicals within the library premises only against I-cards.
- A fine Rs.2/- day will be charged on late return of books issued on library borrow cards
- Writing of scribbling on or tearing of pages of library books, newspapers, periodicals etc. is prohibited & will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards as & when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Difficulties if any should be discussed with the librarian.
- On loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their name in the entry register maintained at reference as well as all sections in the library.
- Borrower’s card & I-Card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are not allowed in library.
|01||Total Area of the Library||762.00 Sq. M.|
|02||Seating Capacity of the Library reading room||300|
|04||Working Hours of the Library||8.30 Hrs|
|05||Library Networking Facility||Yes|
|06||Usage data of the Library (in terms of Books issued to the Faculty & Students etc.)||Year 2016=52.50% Year 2017=62.40% Year 2018=65.50% Year 2019=61.25%|
|07||Annual Library Budget (% of Annual students fee collected)||As per Norms|
|08||Book Bank Facility||Yes|
- Reading room facility is available for students around a clock for hostel students.
- The college has subscribed E-journals packages which covers comprehensively all disciplines.
- Institution has membership of DELNET (Developing Library Networks, Delhi)
- OPAC facility is available to facilitate the services extended at the library and many of the readers are availing the services.
- Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals: e-Journal subscription is always at the priority of the institute. For the access convenience and facilitation the resources are managed at the finger tip of the readers.
- In-house/remote access to e-publications: e-publications with subscription are available for the betterment of the knowledge seekers and researchers. At the same time any registered reader can have the access to the e-publications.
- Library automation: All the accession to the library is automated. QR codes are used for the reference. And full proof recording and reporting is maintained. Flexible search options add to the convenience of the user.
- Total number of computers for public access: There are 38 computer systems are available for the access of e-material and other library facilities.
- Total numbers of printers for public access: Three printers and reprographic facility is at the library for ready service.
- Internet band width/ speed: 48 Mbps Leased line uninterrupted Internet connection is available at institute level out of which 10mbps is given to library through server room.
- Institutional Repository: College has the repository for the various documents at the library premises like Syllabus, Previous Question Papers etc.
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Library advisory committee comprises following members-
|Sr. No||Name of Staff||Post||Department|
|Dr. Kudal H.N||Chairman||Principal|
|Miss. Nagare Joyti P.||Librarian||Library|
|Mr. Damale A.D.||Asst.Librarian||Library|
|Prof. Subhan M.A.||Member||Electrical|
|Prof. Chandgude A. S.||Member||Computer|
|Prof. Chavan V. A.||Member||IT|
|Prof. Aware V. R.||Member||ETC|
|Prof. Pardeshi R. C.||Member||Mechanical|
|Prof. Pote R. K.||Member||Civil|
The objective of the committee is as follows –
- To provide a forum for deciding the best system for library, information needs and its utilization.
- To facilitate communication between the Library and the community it serves.
- To advise the Library on policy matters concerning services, resources and facilities.
- To provide an opportunity to raise and discuss initiatives in the provision of library and information services.
- To motivate students and faculties to utilize library facility for academic and research purpose.
- Interaction with students, staffs and faculties regarding improvement of library.
|Jyoti Pandurang Nagare |
Librarian, M.A .M.Lib & I.Sci UGC NET
Specialisation: Library & Information Science
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Arvind Dagu Damle |
Librarian, B.A. M.Lib & Information Science
Specialisation: Library & Information Science
Email ID: email@example.com
|Madan Vedu Shinde |
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org