- To promote the reading habits.
- Extensive use of Reading material.
- To provide every reader his / her book & Information.
- To see that every book has its reader.
- To save the time of the user / reader.
- To computerize the library housekeeping activities.
- Library regular timings are 9.30 am to 5:30 pm
- All students can avail the library membership against the fee receipt; the students are required to fill in the membership form along with two stamp size photographs. On completion of necessary formalities, students will be given a membership & borrower’s card.
- The borrower’s card remains valid for the period indicated on it, and the same can be renewed every academic year.
- Books will be issued to every student for duration of 15 days only; from the 16 day onwards a fine of Re.2.00 will be charged per day for each book.
- The students should check the book thoroughly, if any missing pages are found while borrowing the books; they must inform the Library staff immediately.
- Book/s in damaged condition will not be accepted from the borrower. Mutilated or Spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower with a recent edition if available, or pay its cost and fifty percent of the book/s as a fine.
- In order to get the books renewed, the borrower must be physically present at the circulation counter of the library. Books are re-issued only, if it is not reserved.
- Book bank facility is available for SC / ST students under social welfare scheme.
- Students must carry their I-Card with them, whenever they visit the library.
- Students are advised to observe strict silence in the library.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the library premises.
- Physically challenged students can keep books for one semester.
- Category of Membership and Loan Period
|Sr. No.||Category||No of Books||Book Issue Period|
|02||Technical Asst./Lab Asst.||03||One Semester|
|03||ME Students||03||15 Days|
|04||MBA Students||02||15 Days|
|05||BE students||02||8 Days|
|06||TE Students||02||8 Days|
|07||SE Students||02||8 Days|
|08||FE Students||02||8 Days|
Reading Room Facility
The Central Library of institute has provision of spacious reading room for 150 students which offers very peaceful ambience for students. It remains open normally from 9.30 am to 05:30pm
Along with this Library Offers Following Facilities
- Open access facility to all users.
- Home lending of books using E-library Manager software which has the facility of decrypting the barcode.
- Book Bank facility for SC/ST students.
- OPAC facility.
- Separate digital library equipped with 20 Nos. of computer with internet and Intranet facilities.
- Reprographic facility.
- Scanning facility.
- NPTEL videos facility.
Available Library E-Resources
DELNET (Developing Library Network) Knimbus mLibrary-Portal (All Departments 1613 E- Journals 4786 E- Books) (In Process)
NDLI (National Digital Library of India)
Free Open Access Journals List:-
|Sr.No.||Open Access Resources||URL|
|01||Bentham Open Access||https://benthamopen.com|
|07||Current Science De Gruyter||https://www.degruyter.com|
|09||High Wire Press Archives||http://crl.du.ac.in ›|
|11||Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS)||https://www.ias.ac.in|
|12||InTech Open Access||https://www.intechopen.com|
|15||Friends Science Publishers||http://www.fspublishers.org|
|17||ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)||https://eric.ed.gov|
|17||Espacenet – Patent Database||https://worldwide.espacenet.com|
|18||HathiTrust (Digital Library)||https://www.hathitrust.org|
|19||National Academic Press – Free E books||https://www.nap.edu|
|20||NDLTD (Network Digital Library of Thesis & Dissertation||http://www.ndltd.org|
|21||OATD (Open Access Thesis & Dissertation)||https://oatd.org|
|22||Open Knowledge Repository – World Bank||https://openknowledge.worldbank.org|
URL Link to Resources
SWAYAM: Open Online Education Courses. This is a programme initiated by Government of India. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all. This platform provides all the courses, taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation and it is accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time.
Reliable Academy: Link to Competitive Exam Preparation
Unique Acadamy : Link to Competitive
NPTEL: Provides E-learning through online web and video courses in Engineering, Science and Humanities streams.
CEC Digital Media Library: It is central repository of all educational video programmes produced by EMRC centres.
e-PG Pathashala: National Mission on Education through ICT and UGC initiative: A curriculum-based, interactive content in different subjects across all disciplines is being developed under this initiative.
Shodhganga : A Reservoir of Indian Theses It is an Open Access Repository of full-text theses submitted to universities in India. Membership is not required to browse, view, search and download theses available in Shodhganga.
DOAJ: Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages.
DOAB: DOAB is a community-driven discovery service that indexes and provides access to scholarly, peer-reviewed open access books and helps users to find trusted open access book publishers. All DOAB services are free of charge and all data is freely available.
OALIB: Open Access Library OALib is currently hosting links and metadata to more than 5,457,927 open access articles covering a wide range of academic disciplines. All full text articles from your search results are free to download.
Google Scholar: A search engine which provides a search of scholarly literature.
Internet Archive: It is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
Project Gutenberg: Offers over 60,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.
Mathway: Provides students with the tools they need to understand and solve their math problems. With millions of users and billions of problems solved, Mathway is the #1 problem solving resource available for students, parents, and teachers.
KnowIndia: Site to explore full information on India.
Nobel Prizes: Archives for Nobel Prize winners.
The Central Library has a rich collection of Books, Reference books, Handbooks, Journals.
Library Timing : 9.30 AM To 5.30 PM
Issue Return Timing : 9.30 AM To 5.30 PM
Lunch Break : 12.30 PM To 1.15 PM
- Students can issue 2 library books on 2 library borrow cards for a week.
- Renewal of the books will depend on availability and requirement of the same by others.
- Students can issue one book for overnight on I-Card.
- Loss of I-Card/Borrower cards should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Issue of duplicate I-card as well as borrow cards will be made against due charges.
- Students can avail the facility of reference books / journals / periodicals within the library premises only against I-cards.
- A fine Rs.2/- day will be charged on late return of books issued on library borrow cards
- Writing of scribbling on or tearing of pages of library books, newspapers, periodicals etc. is prohibited & will be liable for strict action.
- Students should produce their identity cards as & when demanded by the library staff.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Difficulties if any should be discussed with the librarian.
- On loss of library book, user shall replace the same with a brand new copy or to pay the amount decided by library committee.
- Students should enter their name in the entry register maintained at reference as well as all sections in the library.
- Borrower’s card & I-Card is not transferable.
- Complete silence should be maintained. Group discussions, lectures are not allowed in library.
|01||Total Area of the Library||762.00 Sq. M.|
|02||Seating Capacity of the Library reading room||300|
|04||Working Hours of the Library||8.30 Hrs|
|05||Library Networking Facility||Yes|
|06||Usage data of the Library (in terms of Books issued to the Faculty & Students etc.)||Year 2016=52.50% Year 2017=62.40% Year 2018=65.50% Year 2019=61.25%|
|07||Annual Library Budget (% of Annual students fee collected)||As per Norms|
|08||Book Bank Facility||Yes|
- Reading room facility is available for students around a clock for hostel students.
- The college has subscribed E-journals packages which covers comprehensively all disciplines.
- Institution has membership of DELNET (Developing Library Networks, Delhi)
- OPAC facility is available to facilitate the services extended at the library and many of the readers are availing the services.
- Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals: e-Journal subscription is always at the priority of the institute. For the access convenience and facilitation the resources are managed at the finger tip of the readers.
- In-house/remote access to e-publications: e-publications with subscription are available for the betterment of the knowledge seekers and researchers. At the same time any registered reader can have the access to the e-publications.
- Library automation: All the accession to the library is automated. QR codes are used for the reference. And full proof recording and reporting is maintained. Flexible search options add to the convenience of the user.
- Total number of computers for public access: There are 38 computer systems are available for the access of e-material and other library facilities.
- Total numbers of printers for public access: Three printers and reprographic facility is at the library for ready service.
- Internet band width/ speed: 48 Mbps Leased line uninterrupted Internet connection is available at institute level out of which 10mbps is given to library through server room.
- Institutional Repository: College has the repository for the various documents at the library premises like Syllabus, Previous Question Papers etc.
The objective of the committee is as follows –
- To provide a forum for deciding the best system for library, information needs and its utilization.
- To facilitate communication between the Library and the community it serves.
- To advise the Library on policy matters concerning services, resources and facilities.
- To provide an opportunity to raise and discuss initiatives in the provision of library and information services.
- To motivate students and faculties to utilize library facility for academic and research purpose.
- Interaction with students, staffs and faculties regarding improvement of library.
|Nagare J. P.
Librarian, M.A .M.Lib & I.Sci UGC NET
Specialisation: Library & Information Science
Email ID: email@example.com
|Damle A. D.
Librarian, B.A. M.Lib & Information Science
Specialisation: Library & Information Science
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Shinde M. V.
Email ID: email@example.com
|SWAYAM: Open Online Education Courses. This is a programme initiated by Government of India. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all. This platform provides all the courses, taught in classrooms from 9th class till post-graduation and it is accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time||http://swayam.gov.in|
|Reliable Academy: Link to Competitive Exam Preparation||https://reliableacademy.com|
|Unique Acadamy : Link to Competitive||https://uniqueacadamy.com|
|NPTEL: Provides E-learning through online web and video courses in Engineering, Science and Humanities streams.||https://nptel.ac.in/|
|CEC Digital Media Library: It is central repository of all educational video programmes produced by EMRC centres.||http://www.cec.nic.in/cec|
|e-PG Pathashala: National Mission on Education through ICT and UGC initiative: A curriculum-based, interactive content in different subjects across all disciplines is being developed under this initiative.||https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in|
|Shodhganga : A Reservoir of Indian Theses It is an Open Access Repository of full-text theses submitted to universities in India. Membership is not required to browse, view, search and download theses available in Shodhganga.||https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/|
|DOAJ: Free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals, covering all subjects and many languages.||https://doaj.org|
|DOAB: DOAB is a community-driven discovery
service that indexes and provides access to scholarly, peer-reviewed open access books and helps users to find trusted open access book publishers. All DOAB services are free of charge and all data is freely available
|OALIB: Open Access Library OALib is currently
hosting links and metadata to more than 5,457,927
open access articles covering a wide range of
academic disciplines. All full text articles from
your search results are free to download.
|Google Scholar: A search engine which provides
a search of scholarly literature
|Internet Archive: It is a non-profit library of
millions of free books, movies, software, music,
websites, and more.
|Project Gutenberg: Offers over 60,000 free
ebooks: choose among free epub books, free
kindle books, download them or read them online
|Mathway: Provides students with the tools they
need to understand and solve their math problems.
With millions of users and billions of problems
solved, Mathway is the #1 problem solving
resource available for students, parents, and
|Nobel Prizes: Archives for Nobel Prize winners.||http://nobelprizes.com/|
|KnowIndia: Site to explore full information on