GENDER EQUITY CELL
|1||Dr. D. M.Yadav||Principal||Chairman|
|2||Dr. V. R. Nikam||Assistant Professor||Member Secretary|
|3||Dr. U. B. Pawar||HOD, Computer Engineering||Member|
|4||Prof. P.P. Rokade||HOD, Information Technology||Member|
|5||Dr. U. S. Ansari||HOD, Civil Engineering||Member|
|6||Dr. P.C. Tapre||HOD, Electrical Engineering||Member|
|7||Dr. H. U. Pawar||HOD, Mechanical Engineering||Member|
|8||Prof. K. P. Gaikwad||HOD, Electronics and Telecommunication||Member|
|9||Prof A.U Manekar||Assistant Professor||Member|
|10||Prof J.P Nagare||Librarian||Member|
Gender Equity Cell
Gender Equity Cell was established in the campus in order to sensitize the gender equality and to enhance women empowerment. The motivation behind the cell formation is to spread awareness in gender equality and healthy relationship with the opposite gender among the students and staff too. The cell aims to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To prevent violations of National Acts that prohibit gender injustices, aim to redress any violations of gender-based rights and to work towards the empowerment of women
- To create a gender sensitive environment that respects gender diversity.
- To ensure equal opportunity to women and men without any discrimination.
- To enable women to be aware in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health.
- It also provides the platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society. Moreover, they also suggest various ways to improve and empower themselves.
- Organization of guest lectures, awareness programs, legal awareness, entrepreneur training, women self-defense programs and other welfare activities